St Nicholas Church at Emmington
Further details for the development of Emmington, will be published here for comments. Email Chinnorneighbourplan@outlook.com
William Peverel held a number of manors that William the Conqueror had granted to him, including Emmington and Crowell in Oxfordshire.
Emmington has had a parish
priest since at least 1190 and is in the parish of St Andrew, Chinnor, which is part of the Benefice of Chinnor, Sydenham, Aston Rowant and Crowell.
On small Church still stands, however, St Nicholas' church was closed in 1987 and reopened for worship
in 1991. In 2003 it was declared redundant and closed again, and it is now privately owned. The Church can be seen from the Chinnor to Thame Road proudly standing out in the landscape. At Christmas it is opened for a special service and tickets can be
obtained for this via the St Andrew's Parish Clerk.